The More Cents grant is available for those seeking funding for community projects.
Who is eligible?
“More Cents” grant money is eligible to not-for-profit organizations and units of government organizations that are within the Osage Utility (electric and gas) service area and have projects that are within the service community.
What we look for:
- Projects that address significant community issues
- Projects that present innovative, creative, and practical proposals which build on community strengths
- Projects that impact a significant number of community residents
What we do not fund:
- Ongoing project support and operating support
- Annual and capital campaigns
- Budget deficits
- Recurring funds
- Religious purposes (Does not exclude grants to religious organizations for non-religious purposes)
- Political and labor organizations
- Field trips
How much can be funded?
Quarterly the “More Cents” Trust Board will approve application grants that will dispense up to 90% of available funds to eligible organizations in the amount of $250 to $1000.
Grant cycles and timelines
Applications will be accepted at anytime. “More Cents” Trust Board will recommend approval of grants on a quarterly basis.
- Benefit to residents of the community
- Number of residents who will be affected
- Completeness of Application
- Identification of needs and how funds will address needs
- Collaborative relationships and matching funds (leverage)
Evaluation is based on specific project outcome and goals and not the organization itself.
Who reviews the grant applications?
The “More Cents” Trust Board reviews all grant applications and recommends eligible grant recipients to the Osage Municipal Utilities (OMU) Board of Trustees. The OMU Board will make the final decision to award the grants.
Osage Municipal Utilities
720 Chestnut Street
Osage, IA 50461