Low-Income Telephone Assistance Program

Financial assistance through the Lifeline program is available to help eligible Iowans afford and maintain basic telephone service. Households receiving Medicaid, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Supplemental Security Income Program, Federal Public Housing Assistance Program, Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program, or the National School Lunch Program may qualify. People may also qualify based on their level of income.

Lifeline application forms are available from Osage Municipal Utilities, the Iowa Utilities Board, or North Iowa Community Action. To apply simply complete the application form and then return it to Osage Municipal Utilities.

Consumers may only receive low-income assistance from one wireline or wireless telephone provider. Customers eligible for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program are also eligible for the Lifeline assistance plan. Applications for LIHEAP are accepted by the Iowa Department of Human Rights between October 1 and April 15 annually. Customers providing their consent and meeting LIHEAP requirements will be concurrently enrolled for both programs.

For more information, call Osage Municipal Utilities at 641-832-3731 or the Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) toll free at 1-877-565-4450, or online at